Established in 1953, Tartan Canada Corporation (*Tartan) is successful and growing company with multiple operating centers in Western Canada. We provide field and plant maintenance services, including contract maintenance and operations, fabrication, shutdowns, pipelines and sustaining capital projects. Tartan believes in supporting personal and professional development. Work with us to achieve greater success within your career.
Tartan Canada Corporation is actively accepting resumes for the position of Project Administrator based in Edmonton.
Summary of Role
As project administrator, you are responsible for understanding project goals, deadlines and financial boundaries. This understanding will help you to assist in allocating resources, benchmarking, scheduling project deadlines and general coordination of the project.
- Understand and adhere to Tartan’s safety management system, policies, procedures and values
- Assisting and supporting all activities related to managing projects, including preparation for meetings, project documentation, and monitoring project timelines and deliverables on behalf of the Project Manager, as well as assisting in creating work plans, schedules and meeting agendas
- Coordinating and monitoring project scheduling while updating the project management system
- Maintain documentation including any upgrades to plans, schedules, funding and status reports
- Prepare status reports in order to provide project status updates to management and ensure all procedures are followed for all aspects of projects
- Use project management and other software and applicable templates to prepare documentation, track and monitor information, and maintain databases
- Develop customized project tools e.g., create templates for collecting/reporting information, etc.
- Occasional travel to site
- Assist in forecasting, tracking and managing project budgets, purchase orders and invoices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team player and committed to safety and quality
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to make comprehensive decisions
- Manual dexterity, good vision (glasses are acceptable), eye-hand coordination
- The ability to concentrate on detailed work
- Experience in a heavy oil operating environment
- Organization, time management ability
- Drive to succeed – experience setting aggressive targets, proved record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Motivation to work in a deadline orientated environment
- Strong writing, speaking, listening and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Energetic and enjoys a fast pace, dynamic, challenging and team orientated environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information effectively, high level of accuracy
- Minimum 4 – 5 years administrator experience
- Oil & Gas experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet
- Previous experience in heavy oil and/or gas industry
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. Tartan has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Compensation will commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply with up-to-date resume on our website at www.tartan.applyfirst.ca. We thank you in advance for your interest. After reviewing applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.